Sunday, October 10, 2010

Where does the time go?

Wow. Seems like it's been forever since my last post.  Things just got crazy busy. I joined FlyDog fitness' boot camp for a month, so for about 1.5hrs after work I'd go up to North Charleston to work out with them everyday. By the time I'd get home there was just enough time to shower, scrap up something for dinner, then crash, before doing it all over again the next day. I loved it though. Met some great people and was a good use of some spare time! Unfortunately that month membership is over, sad. Too much moula to do it again. Plus, MUSC had a Wellness Race to promote their wellness center. 20 bucks to enter the race got you a month membership at the gym. So I was all over that! Got 3rd in my age division so actually got a 15$ gift card back....do the math and that is 5$ for a month gym membership! Love that!  :) Just started there a couple days ago and have the month already mapped out with daily classes ranging from Body bar, yoga, strength & conditioning, to zumba and cycling!  Can't wait to get into the rhythm.   My parents came in for a few days a couple weeks ago too.  Really needed that.  Showed them around downtown a bit and did some site-seeing.

Finishing up this week with CI #1, then will be moving to another portion of the hospital to work under a different instructor for the remainder of my time here. Kinda sad. I've developed good friendships with everyone where I'm at now, and there isn't anyone my age where I'm going.  *sigh*   Oh, well, all is well.  At least I have a roommate now! Yup, reached the halfway point and now she is on rotation at a skilled nursing facility close by. So she'll be with me the remainder of the semester!  We went for a walk down King St last night, went to church this morning, had lunch with some of the people from church (they take college aged students out once a month and buy them lunch! Happened to be today so we joined!), then did some grocery shopping. Now we're just enjoying Sunday afternoon Lifetime movies and ice cream!  :)  Ain't life grand!  HA!  

Anywho, all is well, I'm alive and kickin. Still very much enjoying Charleston! I'll try not to wait so long before my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment